MERENSKY HIGH SCHOOL RECYCLING PROJECT
Why do we recycle?
Die ekonomie en die omgewing word bevoordeel deur herwinning.
scarce and valuable
energy and water.
space in our
The BIG 5 of recycling
How do we recycle?
Rinse all food from containers!
- Put bottles, cans and plastic in the correct drums on the school ground.
- Put paper, bottles, cans and plastic in the recycling boxes in the class rooms.
- Put paper, glass, cans and plastic in the right bin at the Recycling Centre.
- Take E-waste, bulk quantities, bulbs, fluorescent lights to the Sorting Station.
What can be composted?
- Food waste: peels, fruit cores, muffin papers, tea bags, bones, food waste.
- All unrecyclable paper: tissues, toilet paper, wax covered paper, pizza boxes.
- Leaves, twigs, flowers, manure.
What must be thrown in the trash can?
- Polystyrene, sweet papers, chips packets, cling wrap, fabric, wool, shoes.
- Glass: plates, pyrex, glasses, light bulbs, fluorescent lights, mirrors, window glass, windshields.
- Paper: stickers, milk and juice boxes, laminated paper and disposable nappies.